Anyway, while taking a break from painting, I thought I'd get back to sewing and start on some bee blocks. It was rather chilly upstairs so I plugged in an oil filled heater and made the mistake of turning it on high. Well...just as I got started sewing, everything went dark....with so many things plugged in the same power strip the heater pulled to much power. I lost power in three of the upstairs rooms. Ughhh.....it would be three days before my son would be over to do the wiring for the light and fan in the new sewing room.....so I would be without power upstairs for all that time.
The following evening I decided to lug down one of my machines, a drawer full of bee block fabrics, rulers, iron etc. and set up a little area in which to sew. I had now gone from the prospect of a new sewing room to invading the living room area with the bare essentials. As long as I could do some sewing I didn't care....I was looking forward to getting started on the February NuBee's block swap.
|This machine resides in the above sewing cabinet. Sadly, needles are no longer available.A friend is going to modify some needles so I can use it.|
|Pinwheel Rose traditionally red or pink with green tips.|